When reviewers say a character is 'too whiny' I feel like it's a personal insult.

Because I whine. I whinge. A LOT. I can't help it. It's my character flaw, and I hate it about myself. I try to stop, but it's so fucking ingrained that I need to actively think to keep my voice low and calm.

I was picked on A LOT by my older brother when we were little, and whining to my parents was the only thing that made him stop. (we're not very close anymore)

But my fiancé, he loves it. He says he sometimes makes me whinge on purpose so he can make me feel better (for example cutting a cuddle short so I'll whine that I want him for longer). He likes making me feel better.

He's helped me come to terms with the fact that I'm a whiner and that's ok, because he loves me anyway.

And honestly? Sometimes I'm so frustrated or overwhelmed or anxious that I need to whinge about nothing just to get it out of my system.

So there. I'm a whiner. Reviewers hate whiny characters. I hate it about myself, but I'm too old to change.

Fuck tha haters.