I might regret writing this tomorrow, but I want to come out and be honest.

It is 2 months into the new year, and I am already worn down by the author backlash of 2014. It is worse than last year. I'm so tired of signing on to the Internet and reading that another author decided to come out swinging over a mild review. Already, I have seen two authors lose their shit over a three star review. There have been some apologies, and the latest author gives a very honest (IMO) apology and decides to leave the post up instead of ripping it down and slinking off like some villain. I was ready to add said author's book to my NO list, but then I started crying and decided to just leave it alone. Because I'm tired of it. I'm tired of seeing people who do this as a hobby become a target of ridicule and hate over their opinion.

I'll stand with reviewers until the very end. I believe that everyone has the right to their opinion. Yes, authors are people and they mess up.

I'm tired. I'm worn down by the constant bitterness.  I'm fed up with the nasty Tweets and the hasty apologies.

Take it offline before you say anything online. Talk through it before you make a decision. Because it is getting really old. We shouldn't have to fight the same fucking battle every day.

I'm sick and tired of adding names to that forsaken shelf. Stop it.

Reblogged from Heartless Lyn @ Great Imaginations