Found by Bookloving Writer (see original post here)

Originally from a Swedish book blog.

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

My Kindle and a just-started Aussie YA book called The Things I Didn't Say by Kylie Fornasier, thanks to Penguin Random House Australia.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

I've had a really good run with high-rated books recently, including The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead, Frayed by Kara Terzis, Ruined by Amy Tintera, and a re-read of Lirael by Garth Nix, but the last book I put on my six-star, can't-live-without, omg-was-this-written-specifically-for-me, ugly cried like tired hungry baby shelf was Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard. A powerful story about female teenage friendship and how it can go wrong. Just splendid.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

I would love to hang out with Lauren DeStefano for a day and chill and knit and play with her cats and just generally have a really cool time.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

I promote myself and my blog as almost exclusively YA but you'd be surprised to find a hidden Shakespeare or Bronte tome or two on my shelves. I studied the Classics at university.

5. How do you organize your personal library?

All of my read books go away into storage and all my to-read books live on my bookshelves. It's supposed to be alphabetically by author surname (then by series name/number) but since my shelf is chockers I've started stacking horizontally in order of what I've bought. I need to do another organising session.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrased never to have read?

Pride and Prejudice. I feel like I've seen enough adaptations to know the story pretty well, so I kind of think reading it might be a waste of my time, but I am embarassed that I claim to love the Bronte sisters and other Austen works while not having read her most famous. Also, I tried to read Sense and Sensability once and got about four pages in before I literally died of boredom. Also, that happened with Brave New World, too. Basically I'm super-picky about the classics I do read.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didnt? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

I felt like I was supposed to like The Fault in Our Stars, but didn't. The last book I DNFd was Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Reese Brennan, a kind of urban fantasy retelling of A Tale of Two Cities.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

I'm drawn to stories about young women mostly by women, because women are marginalised throughout history and only in romance and YA do we have a strong representation. I try to stay clear of books by men starring men and their boring-assed stories where women are little more than token or chattel and don't pass the Bechdel test.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?

I'm pretty sure the president is well-read but the one book I think absolutely everyone should read is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell because it recognises the plight of animals under cruelty and it really taught me to treat animals with kindness and empathy.

10. What do you plan to read next?

After I've finished The Things I Didn't Say and the other 2 books I'm reading/listening to, The Heartless City by Andrea Berthot (which is AMAZING) and Zelah Green by Vanessa Curtis (so-so), I'm probably going to continue my The Old Kingdom re-read by picking up Abhorsen by Garth Nix.