Siren's Fury (The Storm Siren Trilogy) - Mary Weber

DNF at 39%

I hate to do this because I absolutely LOVED Storm Siren and even pre-ordered Siren’s Fury in hardcover because I was so sure I was going to love it, but I have to DNF.

I’ve been reading this book for two and a half weeks and I’ve only reached between one-third and one half way through.

And in the story, literally nothing has happened except Nym’s lost her powers and stowed away on a ship to the enemy territory.

It’s the first part of the above sentence that is signing this book’s death warrant. I want to love this book because Storm Siren was so great, but taking away the one thing that made Nym interesting – her power – is really the biggest issue with this book. Without her power, or even her still struggling to control it, or her mastering it and using it in petty ways, that’s ruined the entire book. I’m just not interested in a storm siren with no storm to siren. I don’t care about Nym doing normal person stuff – I want to see her using the power she learned to control to wreak havoc and kick ass.

I’m really sad that it’s the actual plot of the book that’s boring me to death, but I have other books I’ve fallen behind on reading because I thought this would be a quick one and it’s taking me forever.

Farewell, Siren’s Fury at 39%, and may we meet again someday when I can love you like you deserve.